I code websites
As a PHP programmer, I am a web programmer, not a web designer. I get involved in a website project once a design has been created and it is ready to be coded. I do not create what a website looks like, but work along side a graphic designer to transform their idea by programming it into functional website.
What You Don't See
- Understands and uses relational databases to build web applications
- Understands website security and implements these practices when building web applications.
- Skills in problem solving to be able to debug code issues.
What You See
- Proficient with graphic design software to build what the website will look like.
- Communication with the client to create the look, feel and layout of the website.
- Understands and implements concepts like user friendly design, responsive layouts and basic SEO into the website design
- Communication with a web programmer to effectively produce the website.