A client of mine requested I build a PHP form on their website for pizza orders with PayPal payments. Their site is a WordPress website so I used Gravity Forms to build it. I was able to easily add in eCommerce features to their website with the following logic.
- A one page form was required
- The page had to automatically total the amount of products being ordered
- When payment was successfully completed, an email notification had to be sent to the site owner.
- A separate email notification was sent to the customer when the order was complete
- Code was added to automatically stop accepting orders after a certain date/time.
- The ability to download all order data in to an Excel spreadsheet was needed.